Solitaire Global Schools is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for children, staff and visitors and promoting a climate where children and adults will feel confident about sharing any concerns which they may have about their own safety or the well-being of others.
We aim to safeguard and promote the welfare of children by protecting them from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s mental and physical health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Our core safeguarding principles are
- It is the school’s responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children including the early learning years.
- Children who are and feel safe make more successful learners.
- Policies will be reviewed annually
- We recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children.
- We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued.
- We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice.
- Establish and maintain an ethos where children feel secure and are encouraged to talk and are listened to
- Ensure that children know that there are adults in school who they can approach if they are worried or in difficulty
- Include in the curriculum activities and opportunities which equip children with the skills they need to stay safe